Catherine Balmond is a partner in the global restructuring and insolvency group based in Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer’s London office. Catherine joined the firm in 1999 and became a partner in 2010. She studied law at Downing College, Cambridge University. Catherine advises clients on complex restructurings and insolvencies. She has acted for clients in a wide range of sectors and countries on both debtor and creditor sides. Catherine is qualified as an insolvency practitioner.
Catherine has recently acted for:
- Vestas Wind Systems A/S in connection with the amendment of its main credit facilities;
- Bridgepoint Capital on the restructuring of Rodenstock, including the use of an English scheme to restructure a German company;
- McCarthy & Stone, the UK’s leading retirement house builder, on its financial restructuring;
- East London Bus Company in connection with the sale of its business as part of a pre-pack administration;
- the security trustee on the restructuring of KCA Deutag; and
- the Bank of England on various financial institution workouts.